Data Engineer [M/F/D]
permanent position in full time
Smile BI is a fast-growing BI SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers market insights on the booming ePharmacy market for Pharma clients. Our sophisticated analytics product – Smile BI – enables manufacturers to allocate their marketing budget more efficiently through price transparency and competitor marketing analysis.
We are a great international team located in a beautiful office in the center of Munich, working together with remote teams across the globe. Our unique culture makes Smile BI an awesome place to work.
As a Data Engineer you will work on terabytes of data we collect from different sources of online shops and marketing channels. You will be part of a distributed Scrum team with a hub in the center of Munich. As data is the core of our business, we are currently seeking a highly motivated new team member who works with complex data structures. We use a variety of data science tools, but right now we mainly use a BI software. We look forward to working with someone who will shape the future with us, design complex BI tools jointly with a cross-functional team of engineers and is willing to learn new things.
- You ensure high data availability and implement large-scale data solutions using big data and BI technologies
- You provide data representations / views and existing procedures for exporting and importing
- You optimize the structures and increase the performance on queries
- You harmonize data from different sources
- You define and implement data science tools with different functionalities
- You support us with your domain knowledge and contribute to our real time analytics platform
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering or in a comparable field
- 3+ years work experience
- Extensive experience in SQL and High-Performance, MySQL in particular
- Good know-how in Linux, Shell, and DevOps tools
- Strong knowledge in data modelling, and storage of large data
- You like to collaborate in diverse and visionary teams within an agile environment
- Python Pandas and Apache Spark knowledge is a big plus
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English, German is a plus
What we offer:
- Culture of trust and empowerment, meetups, parties & events
- Competitive salary, centrally located offices, public transport budget, great IT equipment
- Flexible working hours, 30 days of holiday and volunteering time off
- Personal development budget and an international team of experts
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring by senior management
- Free beverages and food, free ePharmacy orders, sports and health benefits
Your working place:
We are a Munich based team, but you can work remotely from anywhere CEST UTC +/- 2. Please note, we only accept candidates in Europe and less than a 3 hour flight away from Munich.
We are a remote-first company, our whole engineering team is fully distributed. This was a very deliberate choice to prioritize work-life balance and ensure we’re able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
Ready to join us?
Are you ready to join us and contribute your expertise to our company? If yes and you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We are looking forward to receive your application.